June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

6.21.11
A big day for us. Not only is it the first day of Summer (though everyone knows that happened around March for us Southern states) but it is also Nathan's birthday and it is our one month wedding anniversary. I'd say that is a pretty eventful day.

Most importantly I want to celebrate my husband. The Lord is so faithful and has blessed us abundantly by bringing the two of us together. How we got reconnected, dated and became engaged is just mind blowing and there is no denying that the Lord's hands were in it completely. It still blows my mind. My prayer is that I never forget that beautiful fact. 

Nathan, thank you for being the absolute best husband. You never fail to be the chief repenter in our relationship. My prayer is to have that same vulnerability and humility which you exemplify.

Your love for sports is simply contageous and because of it I can proudly recite the names of many NBA players and days without First Take or PTI simply feel a little weird. Sport's news is now a daily read not to impress you but because your passion for "the game" is just too contageous. Though you have a passion for sports your life isn't defined by wins and losses. I'm so grateful for this balance.

You are the best Sous-chef I could ask for and have the culinary creativity I often wish came more naturally to me. Here's to a future of always asking for some olive oil and red pepper no matter where we are.

Everyone who meets you cannot deny your servant's heart, your constant willingness to help.

Most importantly I love your heart for the gospel, for the way the message of grace overflows into everything you do and is shared with everyone you encounter.

You daily strive to be a man of God and for that I am utterly grateful and so blessed.

These words don't begin to scratch the surface but I think they definitely say a lot.

Happy Birthday Nathan!


No comments:

Post a Comment