July 27, 2011

A little Pinterest find

Lately, I just cannot stop pinning. Pinterest was such a great thought and has brought organization to the many categorized bookmarks I've had on my computer.Sheer brilliance I tell you.

Crockpot Salsa Chicken caught my attention last week and so Nathan and I gave it a try (since we are just head over heals for our crockpot right now).

Here is the link to where the recipe was originally posted... Crockpot Salsa Chicken

What you need:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup salsa (On a whim found some Paul Newman's Tequilla Lime Salsa and decided to try that instead of a regular and let me say it was quite a good decision)
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream (We nixed this for ours)

We served ours with some blue corn chips and topped the dish of with just a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.

Directions:

1.  Mix soup, salsa and taco seasoning in the bottom of your crockpot.  Sink chicken breasts into the mixture, covering completely.  Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours depending on size of chicken breasts.
2.  Remove chicken, shred and return to the crockpot.  Add sour cream and mix well.  Heat until everything is warmed through.  Enjoy!

Last night my family came down and were our guinea pigs for this dish and there were many positive remarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment