August 11, 2011

Grace

But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. Romans 11:6
Heidelberg Catechism Q & A 60
Leader: How are you right with God?
People: Only by true faith in Jesus Christ. Even though my conscience accuses me of having grievously sinned against all God's commandments and of never having kept any of them, and even though I am still inclined toward all evil, nevertheless, without my deserving it at all, out of sheer grace, God grants and credits to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ, as if I had never sinned nor been a sinner, as if I had been as perfectly obedient as Christ was obedient for me. All I need to do is to accept this gift of God with a believing heart.

The depth of my gratitude is so shallow. I long to fully grasp this amazing gift of our savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment