August 18, 2011

The PGA Championship

The church I grew up (Perimeter Church) in is essentially right around the corner from the Atlanta Athletic Club, host to this year's PGA championship. The Athletic Club had already arranged to use Perimeter's parking lots for the tournament. After a large group of volunteers dropped out they asked Perimeter if they could recruit 250 volunteers promising to give a donation to the church's community outreach department. What an amazing opportunity for the community of believers to rally and be involved where they "Live. Work. and Play."

Getting a heads up about Perimeter's need for volunteers (thanks to my rockstar mom who gave her all to organizing and recruiting people for the tournament) Nathan and I immediately signed up to volunteer. After a few things fell into place with schedules, etc. Nathan and I were blessed with two prime volunteer shifts and tournament passes for Saturday and Sunday.

We had such a great time running registers in the merchandise tent selling more polo shirts and golf balls than we knew possible. The days on the course were phenomenal and a big congratulations to the champ himself-Keegan Bradley.


Unfortunately cameras were not aloud inside the gates but thanks to the trusty phone I was able to sneak a few pictures. However, I did earn myself a big fat "W" on my ticket (within 5 minutes of day one) ...meaning a warning from a PGA official reminding me of the rules.


Some of our goodies.




This picture earned me the "W" on my ticket.

Gorgeous Sunday morning on the course.

Uncle Bill and William got to join us Sunday!

Fun experience together.

A favorite of the weekend. Sunday morning before the crowds arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment