December 15, 2011

Express Truth


The way Oswald Chambers constructs his devotions is quite impressive. He has the ability to turn things that we all know into something so captivating and thought provoking.


Today, Os talked about the need to re-express a truth of God, remind yourself of those truths because "if you don't, other people may miss out on the blessings that come from knowing the truth..."


The challenge for me came when he wrote: "But if you are not diligent and say, 'I’m not going to study and struggle to express this truth in my own words; I’ll just borrow my words from someone else,' then the words will be of no value to you or to others." How often do I say, "Yeah, I agree with what he (or any other Christian) said," simply because I often fail to claim the truth as my own. I want to learn and grow by going through the struggles. I want to be "willing to go through God’s winepress where the grapes are crushed," as Os put it. 


I don't want to be lukewarm. I want to grapple with His truth and make it so much a part of my being that I can't come in contact with anyone without them experiencing His saving grace and love.


"Your position is not really yours until you make it yours through suffering and study." -Oswald Chambers
Photo Credit: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment