October 2, 2012

31 Days: Day One


Having been on a blogging hiatus for a while due to our recent relocation to Mississippi, when I saw the Nester’s reminder about the “31 days” linkup, I immediately said to myself, “Why Not?”

So here I am today writing the very first of 31 posts for the month of October.

Once I made the commitment to myself to give this whole “31 days” thing a try, I realized that I had to come up with a topic that would not only excite me but could provide enough material for 31 posts. After literally just a few minutes of thinking I came up with…

31 Days of Southern Hospitality (…without the façade)

Let me give you a little taste of what’s to come…

Knowing instantly I wanted to do something related to hospitality, I knew I wanted to go a little deeper than just table decorations and flowers (though we will talk about those things). I wanted to dive in to how hospitality is an extension of our Christian faith and focus on being “hospitable” as a way of life, rather than a way we clean our homes before company comes over. We will look at hospitality in the Bible as well as some fun ways to go the extra mile to making those we come in contact with truly loved. 

4 comments:

  1. "If there is any concept worth restoring to its original depth and evocative potential, it is the concept of hospitality" Henri Nouwen

    I am looking forward to your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great quote! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy the series!

      Delete
  2. Hey!
    Welcome to our state! I decided to pop in from the Nester! Interesting topic : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, we love it here so far! I hope you enjoy the series!

      Delete