November 18, 2011

# 20.


(Disclaimer: This blog post may be a little "bragadocious" at the beginning but just know this wife's heart and her pride for the role that orange ball has played in her husband's life.)

Basketball has played a significant role in my husband's life. His jersey was retired in high school, he played basketball at Covenant College, he headed across the country to be a coach at Colorado State and then came back east to be the head men's basketball coach at Covenant, his Alma mater. 

Though I could not be more proud of my husband's accomplishments in the basketball arena, this list of things related to basketball just gets me bummed out. Why? Well, that is because I met Nathan after all of this. Thus, I never ever saw him play or coach a single game of basketball (Ok, I did see one game he coached...the Downtown Falcons 6th grade boys' team)

That all changed last Friday. Now it wasn't at the collegiate level (I had to take what I could get), but it was his high school alumni basketball game. I proudly donned my husband's practice jersey from college (yes, the arm holes did hang down to my knees) and sat on the bench (camera right up against my eye) with a huge smile the entire time simply because I finally was able to see Nathan in action on the court. 

It truly is the little things...



1 comment:

  1. OKKKKKKKKKKKK THIS IS SO PRECIOUS I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!!!

    GOTTA LOVE THE LOVE................

    so proud of you both, your loving Auntie Cack

    ReplyDelete