|Picture snagged from readyseteat.com|
Zucchini, Black Bean & Rice Skillet
What you need:
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1-1.5 Cups Quartered Lengthwise Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Instant Rice (this is a great way to throw in some seasoned rice that goes with the dish)
- 1/2 Cup of Cheddar and Monteray Jack Cheese Blend (we used a sheep cheddar cheese from Trader Joe's)
What to do:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed (this might take a little longer). Sprinkle with cheese.
I would highly recommend this dish. It is full of flavor and has a great texture, similar to chili. Perfect for this time of year.
Original Recipe: Zucchini, Black Bean & Rice Skillet