February 1, 2012

No, you are not cut out. You have been placed in.



I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning (Chatting at the Sky) and I couldn't help but share some of her words this morning.
"I’m not cut out for this. And even as I say it, as I say it, I hear the Lord whisper, No, you are not cut out. You have been placed in... He reminded me I have been placed in Him. No, not cut out. I am connected, sure, safe. If I’m looking to be cut out for something, confident on my own terms, standing on my own platform, unwilling to die? Life can be scary and tasks, daunting. God takes great delight in finding us in places where we don’t feel cut out to succeed. And that is where he sends his invitation of remembrance – that shaky, sweaty mess is a reminder that I am desperate to depend on a source other than myself. Success takes on a different shape there. It looks a lot like rest and feels a lot like freedom."
Gosh, what a great reminder that it's not about us but about what God is doing in and through us.

These two verses go hand in hand with that excerpt from her blog post:
The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17 
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9 
No task is too great for our God. He truly delights in us and through our weakness His power is perfected. What a freeing thought! Though I often get caught up in the "not good enough" mentality, it is remarkable to be reminded that even when I feel inadequate, He is adequate. He is taking great delight in finding us in places where we don't feel cut out because that leads us to utter dependence on Him.

And with that I will leave you with a picture that screams freedom and utter excitement...

No comments:

Post a Comment