June 7, 2012

Pinterest Board of the Week: Hand Lettering

1. via. 2. via. 3. via. 4. via.
Recently, hand lettering has been everywhere. Some may call it a trend, but I'd say it is just a resurfacing of a lost art. A lost art that I have always loved.

A few weekends ago I was reading through my old journals, and aside from the 5th grade "drama," of note passing, I simply laughed at the evolution of my handwriting (though it was difficult at times to even see the words written, as gel pens and milky pens were all the rage). From curly tails at the end of words to a combo of cursive and print. I love handwriting and seeing how people find different ways to spice up the way a name is written.

Today, I wanna say "Cheers!" to the lovely art of hand lettering. May keys on a keyboard never surpass the the art of the pen stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment