September 22, 2011

The 21st.


Wednesday, September 21, 2011 had been a highly anticipated day for a few reasons. The 21st of the month always brings joy and excitement to the day knowing it will always be an anniversary for us. This time it was the 4 month mark. As with every month we reflected on the month before and celebrated in some form or fashion. This month caused for a little extra celebration…

Nathan had to defend his comprehensive exams (all 192 pages) and propose his dissertation in the same day. Passing these two HUGE things means you are an official PhD candidate and you are ABD (all but dissertation).

 Well, I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Nathan did in fact pass his “comps”(comprehensive exams) and his dissertation proposal was accepted. You may now call my husband a PhD candidate and ABD, two acronyms that we are pumped about.


Nathan planned quite the celebratory night filled with some delicious tapas, sangria and some delicious desserts to top it all off.


 I am utterly proud of all the incredible work Nathan has put into his degree thus far and I know those who have been through this process with us can speak to that as well. We are both so grateful to the Lord for the blessing he has given us in Nathan making it past this milestone-HE is good.

No better way to end this post than with the lyrics to Nichole Nordeman’s song “You are Good” which was actually sung at our wedding. It never gets old.   

When the sun starts to rise
And I open my eyes 
You are good, so good

In the heat of the day
With each stone that I lay
You are good, so good


With ever breath I take in
I'll tell you I'm grateful again
When the moon climbs high
Before each kiss goodnight
You are good


When the road starts to turn 
Around each bend I've learned
You are good so good
And when somebody's hand 
Holds me up helps me stand
You are so good


With every breath I take in
I'll tell You I'm grateful again
'Cause its more than enough 
Just to know I am loved
And You are good


So how can I thank You
What can I bring
What can these poor hands 
Lay at the feet of a King
I'll sing You a love song
It's all that I have
To tell You I'm grateful 
For holding my life in Your Hands


When it's dark and it's cold 
And I can't feel my soul
You are so good
When the world is gone gray 
And the rain's here to stay
You are still good


So with every breath I take in
I'll tell You I am grateful again
And the storm my swell 
Even then it's well and You are good

1 comment: