September 1, 2011

Chicago Bound

My "little" (we will use this term loosely considering he is nearly a foot taller than me) is officially a Chicago resident for the next four years while he studies at Columbia College of Chicago.

Unfortunately Nathan and I weren't able to tag along for the big move-in, but we are nonetheless absolutely thrilled for this new chapter in Adam's life.

A few days ago Adam sent me this picture taken from his dorm room window (not your typical tiny living quarters but actually an apartment designed with perfect modern flair)...

Awesome view.
Adam,
Enjoy the windy city for all it has to offer. Enjoy college for all it has to offer. Pursue deep relationships that will make you a stronger man of God. Pursue relationships you will look back on in years to come, one's where see His provision for your life through those blessings. My prayer for you is that He stretches you out of your comfort zone only leading to truly reliance on Him alone-the only one who can satisfy. I love you Adam.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:14, 17-19

1 comment: