January 13, 2012

Why Blog?

Recently I have been asking the question- why am I blogging?

Growing in Grace all started as a way to document Nathan and I's first years of marriage and life in Athens (and everything it entails). This blog has and continues to serve as a creative outlet for me (this girl can't have enough creative outlets). Among the personal and creative aspects of having this blog it has been rather hard for me to break my journalistic nature.

That journalistic nature instills in me things that scream readership, target audience and the art of being engaging.

Going through Google reader I was thinking about those blogs which I tend to favor the most and those which I often "mark as read" despite actually reading them. Those I tend to favor are not those which have different blog series such as "fun friday" or "recipe tuesday" or even "giveaway wednesday." I tend to favor those which simply just share about life; nothing fancy or crazy, just life. While there are certain things I like to be consistent about (ie: Recipe of the Week & Pinterest Board of the Week) they are simply not to gain readership or captivate my audience but to document my life as a new Mrs. who happens to love Pinterest and all it has to offer and who will turn anything into an Illustrator or InDesign project.

This post is a reminder to myself of why I started Growing in Grace...to share about the ups and downs of marriage, new things I learn in and out of the kitchen and how He is helping me to grow in grace. For this blog I am shedding a few layers of the journalistic coat I seem to often wear.

2012 is going to hold quite a few journeys for this little fam and I am utterly grateful for the great adventure.

One of my current favorite verses...one I want to be a prayer for myself and those close to me.

And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Coming Soon...A recap of our trip to Boston. Also, this weekend I get to see my husband play basketball at his alma mater with many of his college teammates.Trust me, I am utterly thrilled for this blessing. Read this to understand why I'm so excited.   

No comments:

Post a Comment