October 24, 2012

31 Days: Day Twenty Three


I wanted to talk a little about what it was like growing up and how I truly saw hospitality in action; shown by both my parents, and my friends’ parents.

Growing up I saw my parents welcome so many people into our home; whether because someone was in a transitional stage of life, or a teacher at our school needed a change of scenery from their apartment life. I never saw this as anything but wonderful. To this day my parents are always opening up their home…simply because they are blessed with the gift of hospitality and sharing Christ's love in that way.

My parents were not the only ones I grew up around who showed hospitality. My friends’ parents also were so willing to have us girls over for spend the night parties. They provided us with plenty of chex mix and plenty of video tapes for our home videos/music videos. I often joke about how I can’t fathom middle school being the hardest years of people’s life because for me, they were the best years- a little bit of school and a lot of fun.

The examples of hospitality I have seen growing up, have given me the same desire for people to know that we always have an open door. Never do I want to let the perfectionist side of me take away from impromptu guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment